Here’s a really great way to relax:
- Put on some calm music, maybe some white noise, your favorite songs, etc.
- Lie down somewhere comfortable. On your bed, yoga mat, floor.
- Get in a relaxed and comfortable position.
- Slow down your breathing and clear your mind
- Close your eyes and become aware of your body. Get in touch with how it feels.
- Start at your toes and travel up your body, and repeat these words to yourself: My toes are relaxed, the bottoms of my feet are relaxed, my ankles are relaxed, etc.
- As you move up your body, focus on relaxing those muscles one by one. Don’t move on until that specific muscle is relaxed.
- Once you’ve done your entire body and you feel relaxed enough, count backwards from 10 or 20.
- Once you get to 0, open your eyes slowly.
This always helps me calm down if I get stressed or anxious. I hope it helps you guys!